cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

45 Billable Hours To Leave TalkTalk - Still Not Resolved

Message 7 of 7

This morning I have spent (another) 2 hours on the phone being pushed from pillar to post by Talk Talk.  On 28 March I received an email from TalkTalk to say leaving charges waived and account closed when moved over to SKY. Talk Talk have NEVER closed my account - I have spent hours and hours on the phone and been sent from Department to department.  You've had to refund my Bill TWICE now as you acknowledge I no longer have a Talk Talk service.  Last customer service operative said the account was now formally closed and I could cancel my Direct Debit once my refund from Talk Talk was processed (charges for an account no longer operating!).  I did so and have just had a bill now for approx £36 for this month's Talk Talk service.  This morning I have spent another 2 hours on the phone being transferred between departments with NO ONE taking responsibility for ensuring this matter is resolved.  I have written to your 'Concerns' Department but this needs to be finalised at your earliest convenience.  I have a family member recovering from a major heart attack and really shouldn't be spending this amount of time - either you really are that incompetent or you deliberate frustrate customers closing accounts.  Shame on you Talk Talk

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi MayYoyGetTheHelpYouGiveOt

Just to confirm the account is now fully cancelled. 

Apologies it took so long.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @MayYoyGetTheHelpYouGiveOt.

Please follow up on here. 

I'll move the new threads out of the way as they don't really get you further on the road to a resolution  and it is better to stick with this one for continuity. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I will update you when the account is fully closed, Sorry its taking so long.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thanks Arne

Spent more time today and the Bill has yet again been marked as 'PAID' but no-one seems to be able to completely close the account in many, many weeks.  I've been asked to ring in again (so that's three hours spent hanging on the line to TalkTalk today ALONE) next week to find out progress. 

This isn't good enough. 

Please just email to me to let me know that you have FINALLY terminated my account, stopped raising Bills you end up having to refund and free me from the utter misery of having to deal with TalkTalk?  Cheers 🙂

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi MayYoyGetTheHelpYouGiveOt

Apologies for the trouble your have had. 

I will escalate this to the team responsible for cancelling the account.

Regards

0 Likes