cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

5ghz channel disappeared

CMJTW
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I have been having internet problems for a number of days. The initial problem was at the local exchange which has now been rectified following a visit by Openreach.

I now have a problem with my router in that the 5ghz band cannot be found by any of my devices. I have changed the channel to Auto from 36 but the network is still not visible.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hello,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

CMJTW
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

I did a Ferranti reset and it is now working 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Thank you. I am currently in the middle of watching the replay of the qualifying of the Japanese Grand Prix so I will do it tonight.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

S I said it does not matter if it is the 5364 or the 5464, they are both affected by this bug.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

CMJTW
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

FAST 5364 AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-FI Router

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

OK, it doesn't matter which one, the 5364 or the 5464. There is a bug in firmware V174 that if a WiFi band is disabled & later re-enabled, it does not come back as it should. Until the next firmware version becomes available, the only workaround is to do a factory reset in the router's configuration. Please do this & see if that sorts the problem.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

CMJTW
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

It is a Sagecom

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

What make/model of router are you using?

Keith

0 Likes