cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

ADSL connection dropping

Polariod
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

My connection has been dropping recently - the log reports "ADSL connectivity is down" then it's back up about 60 secs later. Connection seems fine speed wise the rest of the time just seems to randomly drop out.

Can someone from TalkTalk take a look please?

Cheers,

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Polariod,

Yes the connection looks more stable, this is the last authentication showing in the logs - 16/09/2022 13:06:48

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

I have re-escalated this for you so that the support team can have a look. Good luck with everything else! 

Polariod
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

Apologies for being quiet for a while and not responding to PMs - I'm currently being made redundant whilst purchasing my first property so I have a lot of things to deal with! 🙂

Ok... so after some rather extensive troubleshooting I believe I have found the issue. Can someone please double check the stability since 18:15 on the 16th Sept please? (The router logs show things have improved).

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Polariod

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Polariod
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

Yeah lets proceed with the engineer please.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Polaroid,

Thank for the information. Even if you have no extension wiring we do recommend testing at the test socket if possible because it will help rule out an fault with the faceplate, but if your happy to go ahead with the engineer visit please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Polariod
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Thanks both,

• Voice service is perfect when I've used it.
  • I'm using the Master socket, there is no wiring attached to the (Split type - NTE5) faceplate so using the test socket won't exclude anything and therefore I can't see any benefit. I can do it if really needed though. I inspected it a little while back when I had no dial tone and it's in perfect condition.
  • Router is TalkTalk WiFi Hub (Sagecom). Software vers. SG4K100136

Cheers,

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi Polariod,

I can see that the connection seems unstable but line test is passing. Could you please answer ferguson's questions

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Is all OK with the voice service? Have you tried connecting at the test socket? Which router do you have? The support team will pick this up as soon as they can.

0 Likes