cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Almost a member..but not quite

Stunned
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hello all and goodbye.

By now I had expected to be a member of the talk talk clan.

I Set up my contract early august for delivery and installation by 16th.

No equipment arrived yet the account showed delivery was active.

Delivery and Activation days passed with no equipment present but I suddenly noticed that a reject icon had appeared in my order,  reference to speed availability in the wifi ( 60-70 Mbs )  paragraph in the broadband order notes.

I queried the note only to be told they could only, now supply 35 Mbs instead of the 60-70 promised.

Despite having 70 Mbs with my current supplier and TT telling me the same at the time of test it seemed this was now unavailable.

No one told us a word, no email,text etc , They suggested we should accept the 35 Mbs speed for now and if the higher speed becomes available we could swap. When would this be I asked and the answer was ??????????. 

Incredibly the Customer service advisor indicated to me on the helpline that everything was ok and being delivered by 1 pm that day even though it was not because they couldn't.

The bot helplines transferring me from department to department to department drove me nuts.

Stunned was I, at the complete incompetence at the  lack of information while we sat at home for 2 weeks waiting for our router and tv boxes that were ......actually....not on their way.

As the contract signed, was for the higher speed which was now not available the full order was cancelled. So that's how I am not a TT customer after all.

I feel I may have had a lucky escape based on my own experience of being given the runaround by TT today.

Tell me I'm wrong ........go on !!!!!!!!!

Stunned

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Stunned
First Timer
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

As a Follow up,

Believe it or not, customer services phoned to reply to the negative feedback I presented to them via they're survey. .

Although I expressed my views, I wasn't able to verify some security data at that time and therefore couldn't progress the call with any further detail.

I was subsequently told they would contact me a little later that day and I was asked roughly what time to call. 

I provided the best time frame and waited accordingly.  Guess what.....no follow up phone call.

Goodness sake....... Who is running this department ?  ......  This is poor !!!!!!!!

The forum help ( as is the case with most user forums )  is  good but it seems any interaction with TT customer services is horrendous.

Am I really glad I had a lucky escape.

Stunned

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi Stunned

Thanks for your post.  

Sorry to read that your experience with us what not a pleasant one.

Regards

0 Likes