cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Alternative Router Options

KopiteGTA
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

I'm new to TT, 31 days in to my sentence to be precise.  I've had intermittent dropouts from day 1 and support kept telling me the line would settle within a few weeks.

To cut a long story short they say there is no issue, but I'm having disconnections regularly throughout the day and am trying to work from home.

I've seen others say its worth trying an alternative router but wondered will any router work on TT network or what exactly should I be looking for to ensure a model is suitable?

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi KopiteGTA

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Message 2 of 15

HI Debbie,

An Openreach engineer has been this morning and identified a cable issue externally. He's replaced a section of cable.

Hopefully that will resolve the issue - thanks for your help in getting it escalated to Openreach

Message 3 of 15

Hi KopiteGTA

This fault is still with Openreach, no additional updates at the moment.

I will continue to monitor this for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi KopiteGTA

Thanks for your reply.

I have passed this fault straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48-72hrs.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates.

Thanks

Message 5 of 15

Morning.

The phone line is fine, it is only the broadband that seems to be the problem.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear that your connection is unstable and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Can I just confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? If the voice service is ok then please let us know and we will raise this as a broadband fault.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi.  That's not made any difference.

I've just looked at the router logs and am getting some messages which having Googled them would highlight there is an issue...

10.07.2022 08:02:43WarningDHCPC
WAN DHCP client (1) stopped

10.07.2022 08:02:43InfoXDSL
VDSL connectivity is down port 1

10.07.2022 01:24:19ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (https://app-measurement.com/sdk-exp)

10.07.2022 01:01:43InfoWIFI
Device <42:76:0A:F4:92:2C> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_VIDEO_5G])
10.07.2022 00:59:23ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (cdn.distiltag.com)
10.07.2022 00:59:23ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (cdn.distiltag.com)
10.07.2022 00:59:16ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (https://app-measurement.com/sdk-exp)

Looking back there are quite a few like these, not sure how relevant or not they are?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

No problem.  🙂

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Sure I'll try that - appreciate your help

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 15

OK, just one more thing. Is there a removable faceplate on the master socket? If so, take that off and connect the router with a plug-in microfilter and let us know if the issue persists with a wired connection.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Yes it's connected to the master socket and there are no extension sockets elsewhere. We don't really use the phone line at all but just testing it and there is no noise on the line.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15

Nor should you without making some checks first. Is the router connected at the master socket and do you have any extension sockets in your home? Have you noticed any issues with the voice service at all, such as noise on the line? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Thanks. I've updated my profile with the details.

The issue has been with wired and wireless. The tech support have said the only option left is to pay £50 for an engineer to see if they can find a fault, but it's been an issue since day 1 so I wasn't prepared to pay that.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

If you are having intermittent connection problems the first step is not to buy a new router. Are these with wireless, or wired devices, or both?

The support team here can help. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday.