cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Appalling internet and service

dedmans
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

As the title states. Had a TalkTalk chat days ago ref REP-12111193 and nothing has changed. Appalling service Long periods of no internet turn off Router foor 20 minutes and it sometimes returns with a flourish

Whatever trying to remain positive
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the speeds have improved 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

dedmans
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

Evri delivered to my neighbour. Attached, the speed of download has doubled.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi dedmans,

The router will be delivered by Yodel and should arrive within 5 working days. Please let us know if you need any further assistance 

Chris

0 Likes

dedmans
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 13

When is it arriving and by what method please

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi

A new router is on the way for testing.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

That seems like a good idea as it has been here for quite a while

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi

OK, the test fails in or near the property. The reason we ask to test at the test socket is to rule out any internal issues. The test socket is the Openreach demarcation point. Charges can be incurred if the fault is caused by something you have connected to the line.

Before proceeding to an engineer. would you like to try another router ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

It is clear and no crackling and is the first thing I always check

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi

Tests are still failing, does the home phone have a clear dial tone or is there any noise on the line.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

It has a front plate that can be removed for access to the master socket. Now everything is perfect and fast. Why over the last few days is it that randomly say this afternoon it might almost loose connection completely.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

It has a plate that can be removed for the master socket. The thing is that now it is perfect and fast. Why are there periods say this afternoon maybe when it fails almost completely. It is pouring outside and no component has been tampered with yet randomly over the last few days this issue has been happening

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a loop fault which can sometimes be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes