cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Automatic Wifi Optimisation is on Again, Why?

TariqS
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hello. I did ask for this to be turned off a while back and everything was fine; I can switch channel manually as and when I need to do so.

Now, my connection cuts off randomly and I find the Wifi channel changes on its own at the router. This is very annoying!

Why was this turned back on? Please can you turn this optimisation off.

Thanks,

Tariq

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi TariqS

Apologies. I have switched the WIFI optimisation off.

Thanks

Debbie

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

A new contract won't affect it, but a router update, or reset will. I have re-escalated this to the support team. It can't be turned off permanently because it operates at the network level. 

TariqS
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 9

Hello again. Automatic channel optimisation is on again. Dunno if this is because I'm on a new contract.

Please can you turn off wifi optimisation and ask your technical team to contact me about turning it off permanently.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Morning,

The Wifi optimisation is automatically re-enabled if the router is factory reset or if the router firmware is updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Thanks, Debbie. Why was the optimisation on - or was it ever turned off in the 1st place? Doesn't engender a whole lot of faith in the things people promise at TT...

I hope the Products Team do get back to me about removing TT's limitations on configuring routers.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi TariqS

Apologies for this.

The WIFI optimisation has been switched off. I will feed back your comments to our Products Team.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

TariqS
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hello Chris and Team.

Lost track of this thread months ago but problem has persisted nevertheless...

I keep changing the 5Ghz wifi channel to above 100 and it quickly falls back to the congested 40s (usually 44)  every time without me doing anything! So... Is TalkTalk's automatic channel-hopping on or off? It must be on, otherwise what's happening?

It would be nice if we could have the option to flash these modems back to their original vendor config GUIs/menus - at least for those customers who are outside their original TT contract - in order to gain full control and avoid having to get customer support involved in these basic matters. Any chance of this?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Tariq,

It's still showing 'off' at our end. When did you last manually change the channel?

Chris

0 Likes