cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Hive Hub not connecting with FAST5364

jjh1972
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi, I'm having issues with a Hive Hub install and I have the FAST 5364-3.T8.Tt seems the router is blocking the traffic coming back from Hive. I have logged into the router and the FE port the Hive is connected too and it says nothing is connected. However when i view the FE ports I can see the device is sending data but nothing is being received. It seems to me the router is blocking the traffic coming back into the router? I can't set up and port forwarding as the Hive isn't getting an IP address according to the router. Any assistance or a different router to test would be useful. 

JJH1972
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi @DonnyLad

I have posted on your topic on the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi @DonnyLad

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new topic on the Community and we can take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

DonnyLad
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 11

Having wasted some time trying to get my Hive hub functioning on a Sagem Fast5364, I found this useful post.

Have spoken on the telephone to Talktalk technical support. They are refusing to give any credence to the value of this solution.

It would be much appreciated if Debbie-TalkTalk  could facilitate a solution.

Thanks in anticipation.

n denial that my Fast5364 is the

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi jjh1972

Ahh you're welcome 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

jjh1972
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 11

Thanks Debbie. Appreciate the swift help with this.

JJH1972

Message 6 of 11

Hi jjh1972

No problem 🙂

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

jjh1972
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Hi Debbie,

That would be a real help. I saw that some other customers used the Huawei Hub and the Hive started working.

Thanks again.

JJH1972

Message 8 of 11

Hi jjh1972

Thank you for creating a new topic 🙂

I can send you a Huawei WIFI hub for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

jjh1972
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi and thanks for the reply. The Hive is a non configurable device. I know from other posts that people have had issues with this router and ethernet ports and also with smart heating systems. I'll try the Hive support team but from what I have read they simply send out a new Hive which generally does not work.

JJH1972
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

If the Hive is not getting an IP address from the router, unless you have a faulty cable, that is the most likely problem. Can you allocate an IP address, subnet mask, default gateway & DNS server directly in the Hive config? If so, then as a temporary measure try using an IP address on it that is outside of the DHCP server's address range in the router. You would need to set the other parameters like this (assuming) the router's IP address has not been changed):-

• Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
  • Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
  • DNS server: 192.168.1.1

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes