cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Bad Connections

jace777
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Since yesterday evening suddenly any videos,shows etc barely a few seconds without spinning please help urgent thank you Jace!

JASON
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hello,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

jace777
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Thankyou all again yes i just changed the 5GHZ channel from 48 to 52 and it seemed great after,just by luck almost,maybe a new neighbour sharing that channel etc.Here are the latest test results,very bad on download one of the worst in years and i will update you anything else significant Jace!. Speed to your router Status: Good 39 Mbps download,as measured yesterday.Speed to your  deviceStatus: Poor 17 Mbps download 8 Mbps upload.The guaranteed download speed to your home TalkTalk router is 35 Mbps

JASON
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. The sync speed looks very consistent and I can see 1 re-connection on the line. Can I just confirm, were you connected wired or wireless when this happened?

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @jace777,

Is this affecting devices that are connected wired or wireless (or both) ?

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds below that estimated range. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.