cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband 65 speed issues

dangerous
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Until recently my Fibre 65 speed has been around 60MB/S or higher. I have been experiencing drop outs on BBC iplayer and other similar services for a few days now which last for long periods. I checked the download speed a couple of days ago and it was around 10MB/S. Today it is about 30MB/s. Nowhere near the advertised speed. I have tried a full reset of the (Android) TV, router and powerline repeaters. No change.

Is this a T T fault, or is there something else I need to do at this end?  My dashboard says  there is no problem with the service.

It only started with the really hot weather we have just had.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi dangerous,

I've ordered the PLAs, they should be with you within 5 working days. You'll also receive a returns bag for the old PLAs

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Thanks for that.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

I will ask TalkTalk to consider your request , hopefully tomorrow.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

The problem started when I could not get Iplayer to work consistently.

Now everything else is working again the problem still was there.

The TT Tv box showed similar problems with on demand services, so I connected the TV with WiFi and it is fine.

I tried different ports on the router , and checked the speeds on the input lead and the output lead at the TV end. they both showed good speeds  but the TV and TT T v box still have long buffering problems with wired connections.

Obviously the TT Tv box is not WiFi so that is not an option.

These powerline Ethernet extenders were supplied by TT when I first had the original box and were replaced FOC when they died about 3 years ago. 

Who do I contact to request replacements?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Thanks for the replies. That may explain the issue.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 13

See the post by @AllyM I think that answers your query.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply.

The xDSL figures quoted above are from the router admin page itself and were the current readings at that time.

The speed test figures were from several diffent Internet speed checkers, but now all seem to say a very similar figure of around 78Mbps download and 18Mbps upload. Previosuly they were  from 21 to 30Mbps earlier today and 10Mbps yesterday evening. Upload was about 18Mbps on all of them.

My TV is fed via a pair of TT powerline LANs and a local network switch. The switch feed the TV and the TT Tv box and has never been any problem before now. 

I rarely ever watch TV on anything by wifi but every device seems OK by WiFi except the main TV and TT box and never was, hence the Powerline LANS & switch

My main PC is connected directly to the TT router, which is approx 2m from the incoming ADSL socket. Todays figures were all obtained on that PC.

The problem seems to have beeen resolved by leaving the router off for a couple of hours. The room ambient temperature was probably appproaching 28 degress C for most of the last few days.

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

@dangerous ,

Most likely the connection "session" between the router and fibre cabinet equipment got messed up. Powering off and straight back on again would usually just reconnect back up to the same messed up session, that's why people are advised to to switch off for half an hour before rebooting to make sure the router connects to a new session at the cabinet.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

Are these wireless connections then?

Keith

0 Likes

dangerous
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

I followed a suggestion elswhere on this forum, I and switched my router off for about 2 hours (was supposed to be 30 mins but I got side tracked).

Now my speed is about 75MB/s agin with upload about 18MB/S.

Does this indicate a router problem? 

It is about 3 years old, Verison FAST5364-3-T8. Admin page shows version SG4K100136. GUI version 5.6.1

xDSL:

Actual rate        Downstream     79999            Upstream 19999

Maximium rate                               85170                                 19999

Noise margin                                  0.00 dB                                6.00

Attenuation                                     8.50                                      0.00

Power                                               13.40                                    -7.60

Why did a simple power off and on after a minutre not sort it out?

Is it a thermal issue with the internal processor?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

I assume these are speed test figures? If you log on to the router, what speed does it say it is getting? Are these Ethernet, wireless or both types of connection from your devices to the router?

Keith

0 Likes