cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband Issue -Flashing Blue and red Light on the Router

thandavatk
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hai ,

I advise the fellow member to consider this post as a review of how the service is working . 

I lost my BB service all of sudden couple of days ago . After making some checks with the cables and restart , i called Customer service which is a joke 

- I really waited for 50 minutes to get connected to an agent 

-After connected, i explained the issue which is there is a Blue and red flashing light on the router, they performed some checks like reboot, pinhole reset, rearranging the cables, pinhole reset, trying ethernet connection from the small black box (Which was installed in home in June as its full fibre). There are 4 amber lights over the small black box 

-Issue is not resolved despite being 2 hours on the call because i was asked to repeat the steps for 2 times . They even didn't say me the issue 

-The next day i called again its  2 more hours and don't know the reason yet and i am having no internet at the moment . 

-As of now , the issue is raised to backend and city fibre team and was expected an answer from them in 5 business days . 

So may i know what the real issue is and 5 days is a joke as i am working from home at the moment . 

PS: I am able to connect to the network but it says cant provide internet . 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Morning,

Apologies, the team confirmed earlier that they would be looking into this so we should hopefully know more soon. It's possible they may also call you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hai 

sorry to say this , I have been said this from past 3 days and no issue was identified and none contacted me 

I am ringing on the customer support every day and it needs 40-50 minutes everyday to connect with them and ends with no resolution ! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Morning,

I've passed this over to our FTTP faults escalation team now and will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Message 4 of 12

Yes it’s amber /green . The 4 lights on it are of same 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Thanks, so the power light on the ONT is amber?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hai 

- Reboot around 10-15 times 

- Pin hole reset around 2-3 times 

- Checking with ethernet cable which was provided by talk talk , checked with alternative cable too 

- We turned off more than an hour 

The light status are same as said above 

all these were done 48 hours ago I was yet to get an answer what happened and when it will be resolved ! 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK thanks. Could you switch the ONT and router off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and let us know if the lights change

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

The lights on the small black box I.e ONT box are amber and are stable 

The lights on hub and red and blue flashing 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Thanks, which lights are amber?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hai 

Thanks for the reply 

There are 4 Green / Amber stable lights on the small black box 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see from the above that you've mentioned the router, but I can just confirm what lights are currently on the ONT box on the wall please?

Thanks

0 Likes