cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband Speed

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi.

This is not about me, but my Grandson is moving into a property, i do have the post code if required, and he is looking for Broadband only. I am with Talktalk as is my daughter. My daughter lives just around the corner, and as a speed of around 30-40 Mbt, but when he looks it shows only 11Mbt.

Is their any explanation for this, am i wrong to assume they would be on the same exchange. Any information or ideas, would be really helpful.

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

Predicted speeds can often be hit and miss as they tend to be an average across the area, and some comparison sites will not have full details of the different technologies available for a specific exchange, so the different tiers of Fibre to the cabinet versus Full fibre to the home.

Our Website will give the estimates we are supplied as closely as possible, but with Full fibre there can often be alternative networks involved such as CityFibre, freedom Fibre etc etc, so for a more definitive answer I would recommend speaking with our sales Teams directly.   Remember, you are under no obligation to sign up there and then, you can just discuss the relevant options and speeds and simply say you will think about it and get back to them.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Yes this is the predicted speed. when checking out at a comparison site. If it helps his postcode will be LE99PG.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi tsmiggy

Just to confirm, is this the predicted speed showing as available on the website when signing up?

Does FTTP show as available?