cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband disconnects every 40 minutes

Glgazza36
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi,'

Ive been with talk talk for a few years and I've had no issues. I upgraded just over a month ago and I've had nothing but problems. For some reason my devices (whether wired or wireless) loses connection around 20 times a day. I look at my router when this happens and it flashes orange. 

I've tried contacting talk talk and they say there's no issues with my lines. Everytime I try to call/message the online chat to get help, they want to start running diagnostics despite having gone through this process 4/5 times now. I've done everything they have asked but it still doesn't work properly.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a number to call with bypasses the individuals who just follow a script and actually have technical expertise? I can't continue using my internet like this as I work from home and I'm constantly been cut off from work meetings.

I was told I'm not in the cooling off period now so I would be charged to cancel. However when I reported the issues originally I was told they couldn't do anything as it was 'still optimising', however I clearly knew that wasn't the case as optimizing doesn't mean cutting off 20 times a day. 

Any help would be appreciated as I feel stuck right now with Internet which doesn't work and talk talk aren't interested in helping.

Thanks

Gary 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Gigazza36,

I've ordered the router, should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Glgazza36
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

Yes if you can please send a new router to see if that resolves the issue. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Gigazza36,

I think we should try another router, would you like me to send one to test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Glgazza36
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

I do but it didn't seem to work at all before when I tried it.  The router I have is my old talk talk one which needed use the open reach hub, it just connected straight to the phone line. My new one since it was upgraded had an engineer come out and set up.the open reach hub. The new ones has the phone line connected to the open reach hub and then the hub to the router 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. Do you have a different router that you could test with to rule this out please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Glgazza36
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Hi,

No change, it's still disconnecting alot. The router flashes orange when I notice the internet drop off.

Whilst I was in my flat over the weekend I've been trying to track it. I wasn't in all day so I'm sure it disconnected more than this but whilst I was in my flat yesterday I noticed the signal dropped at.

I checked the router at these times and it was flashing orange. It does reconnect a minute after disconnecting. The issue is I work from home so I'm constantly been thrown out of Microsoft teams meetings and having excel and email crash as I'm disconnected.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which is clear and the connection looks stable for 4 days. How has the stability been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Glgazza36
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi,

I've added this to my profile.

Thanks 

Gary

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes