cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband down

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 44 of 44

Hi, 

can someone at talktalk please sort out this confusion for me ? Spoke the customer services and after an hour of checking I was told my router is not working. Then tried to sell me the WiFi router, so have a basic one being sent out. 20 mins after the call had ended I got a txt saying. 

TalkTalk Update: An engineer has recently done some repair works on your line, and your connection might take a few days to adjust and we will monitor that closely. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you're having any further issues, please visit Service Centre. 
so what’s the problem, router or line ?? 

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 1 of 44

Hi Sjd-1965

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault has already been raised to Openreach and an engineer visit has been arranged for today.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 44

Hi 

my internet has packed up once again. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 44

Morning,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how the connection compares over the next few days 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 44

Hi Chris,

hopefully all sorted, openreach reach cane yesterday luckily I was home and it turned out there was a corroded wire outside my property which was cleaned and reconnected so hopefully this has sorted the problem. 
regards 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 44
0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 44

So do I. 

thanks Chris 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 44

I'm really sorry, I know it must be frustrating and inconvenient, hopefully Openreach will resolve the issue soon

Chris

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 44

Cheers Chris 

it’s really difficult to work from home with no internet and I’m having to use up my data.  
regards 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 44

Hi Steve,

I've checked the fault ticket and this is now in hand with Openreach. As I said, if you don't hear anything before Friday please bump the thread and we'll check for updates

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 44

@Sjd-1965 ,

It looks like Chris has passed this over to Openreach to investigate, so perhaps it would be best to see what the outcome of that is and then continue to follow up on here, rather than getting multiple support departments involved potentially confusing the issue.

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 11 of 44

Cheers Chris 

im getting one story from you all on the forums and a different story from where your tech support call centre is. 

steve 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 44

Any maintenance work shouldn't have caused it to be down for so long, Hopefully Openreach will get to the bottom of it.

Chris

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 13 of 44

Hi Chris 

spoke to 

Sfundo  yesterday at 18:41 he told me that there’s a problem at the exchange due to some upgrade work being carried out. He assured me I wouldn’t need an engineer. But I’m not getting my hopes up as it’s been down for over a week now. I wasn’t informed about any maintenance work being carried out. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 44

Hi Sjd-1965,

The line test that I ran yesterday failed with a code requiring an engineer visit to your home (I can't see any further line tests following mine). However I have just run another line test which is now failing with a different error code which requires a non-appointed engineer so I've raised this to Openreach

Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home. If you don't hear anything by Friday can you bump the thread and we'll check for updates

Chris

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 15 of 44

Had a tech support call last night telling me it’s the exchange that’s at fault and no need to get an engineer call-out, and your telling me it’s a fault to my property and need an engineer to come out. What telling me the truth. Two different tech support departments giving me different answers. 

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 16 of 44

Hi Chris 

will it be possible to find out the date first as there will be no one available ? I will try and organise cover for me and take the day off work. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 44

Hi Sjd-1965,

Will a responsible adult be there? If there will then we'll book the next available appointment

Chris

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 18 of 44

Hi Chris, 

will I have to be present when the engineer calls as I’ll be at work and due to the current Covid situation I’m a key worker and I’m needed at work ? But please go ahead with the engineer. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 44

Hi Sjd-1965,

Thanks for answering the security questions. Sorry, I don't know why the previous line tests passed and the one today has failed. Engineer charges are explained here - Engineers charges

If you'd like to go ahead with the engineer visit please let us know and let us know when you are available 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 20 of 44

Hi Debbie, 

how comes the numerous line tests that talk talk have done over the last week have shown no line fault, and a week later there’s now a possible fault ? Will this engineer call out will be chargeable to me ? 

regards 

0 Likes