cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband dropping out.

awt411
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

For quite a while, my internet has been dropping out at different times for varying periods. The telephone service, which comes in on the same line, is unaffected. I have replaced all cables and tried another router, to no avail. I am wondering if it could be due to a bad connection in the Openreach MK4 5C box? Or a fault at the exchange.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Morning,

We've received an update to advise that this should now be resolved. I've also re-run the line test again and this is now clear. How is your connection at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hello,

We've re-checked again and the fault is still under investigation. No timescales at the moment but we will continue to monitor this for updates for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Morning,

I've checked and there are no additional updates as yet so we will re-check this again later on this afternoon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Morning,

The line test is now detecting a potential line fault so I've passed this over to Openreach for an external line investigation to be completed. We'll re-check the fault again on Monday for an update for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

awt411
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

No, the telephone service in not affected.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

OK thanks for testing. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

awt411
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 7 of 13

Hi Chris

I am now working out of the test socket with a filter and the fault is still there.

Tony

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Yes the face plate should just unclip revealing the test socket. You'll need a micro-filter to connect the router to the test socket - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

awt411
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 9 of 13

The box was only fitted last August to replace one which has been used for years. There are no screws in the faceplate to dismantle it and I am a bit reluctant to try opening it without precise instructions on how to do so.  Does it just unclip with finger pressure?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Ok thanks. Have you tried connecting your router to the test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

awt411
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

One socket, nothing else connected.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi awt411,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router and one telephone?

Chris

0 Likes