cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband drops out when my BT landline rings.

eskijo
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Two days ago my broadband started to disconnect very briefly when someone calls our BT landline, it connects back again immediately and is absolutely stable otherwise I have a ticket for this problem but would appreciate any help or suggestions anyone can offer me. 

Joanne G Bryce
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi eskijo

Thanks for your reply 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

Message 2 of 9

I believe the issue I was having was due to damp/condensation in the connection box after I tested with the test socket then put everything back together my connection stopped dropping out when I answered a phone call so all good and stable at the moment 😁

Joanne G Bryce

Message 3 of 9

Hi eskijo

Just to confirm, did you connect both the router and phone at the test socket using the microfilter?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

I connected my router directly to the test socket as advised and the internet worked well but I lost my BT landline completely. I've now reconnected everything back together both internet an phone are working do you have any ideas?

Joanne G Bryce
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

I have just connected to the test socket so I will see what happens the connection has gotten quicker.

Joanne G Bryce
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Yes the test socket is underneath the telephone master socket faceplate - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

eskijo
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

I'm not sure I will have to wait until tomorrow to try that out. Is The test socket is the socket when the cover is removed? 

Joanne G Bryce
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi eskijo,

Does this happen with both the router and the telephone connected to the test socket?

Chris

0 Likes