cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband is down and chat is not working

jilapau
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

My broadband is down since morning.  No telephone support on sundays and your online chat is not working.  I get this message in the chat window 

"Go back to the previous page or log in to continue your conversation."

I have tried on Safari on my phone and Chrome on my PC.  

This is so disappointing.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi jilapau

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi jilapau

Yes of course. The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

My router is on the test socket. I don’t have another router. Can you send me a second one to test with?

Message 4 of 14

Hi jilapau

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line tests are clear but I can see some re connections on the line.

Have you tested with a different router at the test socket? The next step following this will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

I am still getting the odd disconnection on each day.  I am hoping it will stabilise.

The chat issue I originally raised was on both iPhone (Safari) and Laptop (Chrome).

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi jilapau,

Are you still experiencing problems with your service or is it OK now?

Do you only experience the problem accessing Chat on one device ?

Chris

Message 7 of 14

Why create a new topic for the same issue?  This topic was created for this very frustrating issue that your chat function does not work.  I also still have this issue.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

We were still getting disconnections over the last 48 hours.   I spoke to someone on chat last night from my phone and they think they have resolved it.  However as of today I still cannot start a chat on my PC.  I still get "Go back to the previous page or log in to continue your conversation."  Can you please investigate that.  Steps to reproduce are:

Go to help: https://service.talktalk.co.uk/help

Then networks and connections:  https://service.talktalk.co.uk/help/select?journey=net

Then fix a problem :  https://service.talktalk.co.uk/help/results?journey=net&item=0

Then Chat Now.  

Popup appears with: "Go back to the previous page or log in to continue your conversation."

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi @X3r0-G 

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

X3r0-G
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

I'm getting same message when clicking on "start a chat".  Frustrating 😬

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi jilapau

Apologies for the delay.

The line tests are clear and the line is showing in sync and connected.

Are you still experiencing this fault?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?