cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband keeps on stopping

dedmans
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

With a changed router when running its twice the speed it was. However, every day the broadband goes for periods of time that is infuriating. Phone line is clear and sometimes rebooting router improves it.

Whatever trying to remain positive
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi dedmans

Are you happy for me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

The router was recently replaced and when fitted it increased speed enormously. May be if it is itself a bit wonky that would be a good idea to find out

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hello,

Ok, do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not, then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out. We will also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

dedmans
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

The pc is directly connected to the router and loses internet when it occurs.

The router light stays white until a re boot is needed. Working fine now until the next time it goes away

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please? Do you also have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @dedmans,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes