cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet for 17 days

TW_Surrey
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I have posted previously about this issue but it was missed for some reason:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Go-Live-date-18-11-still-not-connected/td-p/2935811

Please can someone look into this? All it needs is for an OpenReach engineer to reattend and complete the work that wasn't done during the original appointment on 18th November.

Many thanks in advance,

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi,

Thats no problem, I have access to openreach systems and can book an engineer, I've also worked for them, so know their processes 🙂

We have to request the correct engineer when booking, so if I booked a broadband engineer and the phone was not working, they will say a line engineer is required etc, so just making sure I get all the facts before I contact them.

Now, because all tests are passing, Openreach will make us follow their standard process when booking this in, so I'll drop you a PM with some details to complete for security, then I;ll start booking the engineer for you.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

TW_Surrey
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Karl,

There is no dial tone when a phone is connected. We have already had a talk talk engineer here (when he was sent in error instead of Openreach) and he confirmed an Openreach engineer must attend.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

All usual tests are clear. If there was no actual connection I would expect to see a DIS (Disconnection) detected.  Can I just ask, if you connect a phone to the socket, is there a dial tone ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes