cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband not working Chelmsford

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

My broadband is down and has been for a while now.

Rebooted router and it came back briefly, maybe 30 seconds, then down again.

Router dashboard is saying connected but no websites on pc will load and no devices connected via WiFi.

I'm in Chelmsford CM1 6

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi fr8ys

Thanks for the additional information.

I'm not sure why we weren't aware of this issue but I will feed this back, thank you for letting me know.

I'm glad that the connection has been stable since.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 18

@Debbie-TalkTalk 

No more issues but I was playing bowls tonight when one of the other members was moaning about his internet last week.

Seems it was the same day and he's a TalkTalk customer. He's about 400 yards from me.

He checked on various "is it down" sites to find a number of issues in our area as Openreach were doing maintenance work in the area. He had phone the help line but they did usual checks and couldn't find a fault.

If that's actually the case why didn't TalkTalk know about planned maintenance, and if TalkTalk did why no message on the service page? 

Anyway pleased to advise neither he nor I have had any further issues.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi fr8ys

Well I'm glad the weather is nice 🙂

Any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

No rain or wind.

It's currently nice and sunny.

Message 5 of 18

Hi fr8ys

Oh great 🙂

Whats's the weather like? Just wondering if it's the same conditions as when you first experienced the fault?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

All seems ok today.

Thanks for checking @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Message 7 of 18

Hi fr8ys

How's the connection been since your last post? Have you experienced any further issues?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi fr8ys

Thanks for your reply.

It could be an issue. Keep an eye on it to see if it only happens in wet and windy weather conditions, I can then mention this on the fault ticket (if we raise a fault)

Debbie

Message 9 of 18

@Debbie-TalkTalk 

It's been up and running fine this morning with no dropouts, so I will continue with the existing router. 

If I get any more problems I will post again.

I've got an overhead line at my new property and with the rain yesterday wonder if this could have affected it. My connection seems different to everyone else in the road as I have a hanging attachment that blows in the wind.

You can see the difference between mine and next doors fittings in the photo. Could this be an issue?

1000001892.jpg

Message 10 of 18

Hi fr8ys

The line tests are all clear at the moment.

Would you like me to send a router to rule this out?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Yes please @Michelle-TalkTalk 

The router was showing a solid white light all the time, and in the router dashboard showing not connected to the internet.

It seems ok in the half hour we've been using it this morning.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi @fr8ys 

Would you like me to run some tests on your line?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I went out last night but my wife was trying to watch a film on Prime and the internet went down a few times. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Morning @fr8ys 

Sorry to hear this 😞 How has your connection been since your last post?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

I hope so but it was dropping in and out for around 2 hours.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

@fr8ys 

Glad to hear it, hopefully just one of those blips!  🙂

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

Service status says no issues but connection test said you are having issues and working on restoring services.

Update

Connection seems to be restored and connection test now ok