cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband speed.

willro
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 53 of 53

My broadband speed has gone down from 62.Mbps to 48.Mpbs, approx. this drop in speed has been constant for well over a month. I think this is a deliberate way for TalkTalk to cut costs. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Regards William

0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 1 of 53

That'll teach me to complain about my broadband speed.😪😪😪..

0 Likes

Message 2 of 53

Hi Will,

I've checked the engineer report and the visit is chargeable because the engineer could find no faults and when he tested it was achieving predicted speeds.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 53

Thanks, Chris.

I will be raising an official complaint regarding the engineers' charge.

Regards Will.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 53

I think the drop in speed is probably due to a profile change but I can't tell for sure as I can't see the full history of profiles, only recent ones. It's possible the DLM will move you to a faster profile if the connection remains stable with a low error count

Chris

Message 5 of 53

When I say I inquired about the drop in speed I was referring to you.  the engineer told me there had been an issue but it seems to have been rectified. I was asked would I like to check and I said no  I will take your word for it. when I checked the next day it was the same.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 53

Did the engineer offer any explanation for the drop in speed?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 53

The engineer didn't need to replicate the issue, the issue still persists. I inquired as to why my speed had dropped down by 10Mbps?

and it is still down?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 53

Hi,

In regards to possible engineer charges, these can apply if the engineer finds a fault on internal equipment wiring or if the engineer is unable to locate a fault and the connection is ok/the engineer is unable to replicate the issue at the time of the visit. Was the engineer able to replicate this when they visited?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 53

Streaming can be a bit unpredictable buffering etc.

0 Likes

willro
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 53

I agreed to possible charges knowing that any issues were not caused by myself.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 53

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion, I just mean in terms of any slow web pages, streaming issues, etc?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 53

The speeds are now consistent,  not sure about the overall performance of the connection?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 53

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Are the speeds now consistent? How have you found the overall performance of the connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

willro
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 14 of 53

53.41 Mbps.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 53

Hello,

I've re-run the line test which is clear and the sync speed looks consistent. What speeds are you receiving at the moment if you run a wired speed test please?

Thanks

0 Likes

willro
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 16 of 53

No-fault found but there still is a fault?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 53

Well, you can wait for the support team here to comment.  Alternatively, follow the complaints link from the bottom of the page. But frankly if there was no fault found then that is one of the criteria that gives rise to the charges which you agreed to.

0 Likes

willro
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 18 of 53

So basically nothing has improved and it cost me £65  for the privilege. Who do I complain to?

0 Likes

willro
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 19 of 53

He did say there had been an issue but when he was here everything was good.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 53

Oh, did he advise whether there were any issues either internally, or externally?

0 Likes