cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband troubles and lowered speed

Bankendrob
Team Player
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Hi all Bankendrob here

Over the last four days broadband has been having connection issues. I suspect the weather, wet and windy. Having chatted to the technical team the issue was investigated but I didn't manage to finish any of the chats because the broadband kept cutting out. Speed now appears to be back up,I was down to 0.2mbps at times. Speed at last test was 1.3 mbps I used to get 1.7 which was barely adequate. I suspect the reduction of 0.4 mbps was due to the various investigations, not a lot but nearly 25% of my meagre total. Any ideas how I can get back to the heady delights of 1.7mbps? All suggestions welcome.

Rob

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Afternoon,

Great thank you. Yes please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi, Michelle,

Yes I have the return bag and will return the old router today. Do you want the filters as well?

Thanks for your assistance 

Rob

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Morning,

Thanks for the update. Did you receive a router returns bag?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 18

Was a returns bag and pre paid label provided with the new router ?, if so you can just send the old router back in that. If no returns bag was provided the staff here will be able to arrange one for you when they are back tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi Michelle,

New router seems to have resolved the issue, speed tests now averaging around 1.75 download 0.6 upload with a much reduced ping. Actually got to the dizzy heights of 2 on one test.  Where do we go from here, do I keep the new router and send back the old one?

Rob

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18
0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Yes  please Debbie. Now I am getting the hang of how this chat works.

Rob

Message 9 of 18

Hi Rob

Are you happy for me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Bankendrob
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 18

Hi Michelle,

Only have the one router so stuck with it. I have just run a consecutive series of speed tests, best 1.2 worst 0.5 download upload 0.2 to 0.7.  Very long pings 660ms to 117 ms. don't know if this helps. Speeds all over the place.

Rob

don't

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi,

Can I just confirm, have you recently tested with a different router? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hello,

Thanks for the PM. I've optimised the connection now, please let us know how the speed compares over the next 24hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi,

Thanks for confirming this. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Bankendrob
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 18

yes it is an Nte2000

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 18

Hello,

Thanks for the PM. Can I just confirm, does your main socket look like the below please? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again please?

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a really high number of errored seconds on the line which canl affect the speed. Is their any noise on the line? Does the main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi @Bankendrob,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem (although you may need to leave the router connected at the test socket for 72+ hours before you would start to see a speed increase if this was the cause of the problem).

If Dynamic Line Management (DLM) has reduced your speeds due to the drops of connection, then once the issue causing the drops has been resolved DLM will automatically increase your speeds again.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

0 Likes