cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Compensation problem.

JonnyBB123
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I can’t get any help on the phone to customer service, what has happened is that I ordered fibre broadband last September, I had to cancel a few days ago after months of false installation dates and messages telling lies! I was patient but eventually lost hope! Anyway I have been awarded compensation for my troubles (a pathetic amount by the way) and cannot withdraw the funds to my bank account as there was never a first bill generated as the service never got installed 😡 I have had 6 months of torture, being hung up on by customer services during extra long phone calls and false installation dates/engineer appointments . I want this withdrawn before I take the case to Ofcom and Watchdog (I have all the e-mails/screenshots ect) never in my life have I been treated this way by a company! I really can’t believe how I am being treated, I have never been so frustrated with a company in my life! Being awarded compensation and then going through the torture of these long phone calls again to withdraw it is just not right! I want to speak to somebody in management to discuss this matter, TalkTalk has already wasted enough of my time over the last 6 months! I was an exciting customer who moved address by the way and only wanted to transfer my services to my new address.

JB
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 9
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9
Hi JonnyBB123

Sounds very familiar, I have just been through something similar. The Talk Talk processes are the worst I have ever encountered anywhere! I think they are designed so people just give up. The Support Team on here and the CEOs office end up clearing up the mess for those who can be bothered to pursue their issue(s). 

I have just cancelled a Talk Talk Contract I've had for more than 10 years since the Pipex days. Cancellation was made as difficult as possible by the process of course. 

Landline2  

Message 3 of 9

Ok thanks Arne, it’s just been such a long and frustrating process with TalkTalk that has pushed me to the point of having no faith in the company, a 7 month wait for an unsuccessful installation for an existing customer moving address is just ridiculous. Hope you understand my frustrations and lack of faith in TalkTalk. Just want my compensation and I’ll be gone.

JB
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi JonnyBB123 

Sorry that you are unhappy. 

Your refund was requested on Thursday 23rd and should be with you this week.  If it fails because the direct debit was cancelled we will need to manually issue a cheque.

Message 5 of 9

@JonnyBB123, each further post delays the progress of your thread in the queue for attention as the automated workflow treats it as being answered. 

Staff will have multiple threads to catch up on AFTER the weekend, so you need to keep yours near the top of the pile by waiting for staff to reply to you before posting further. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

JonnyBB123
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

28th September 2022 was my installation date, I have the email, I want compensated properly or I will be taking this further.

JB
0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Thanks for your help, it’s been such a long pointless 6 months with TalkTalk, I just want my compensation a chat with a manager and I will go away. I’m a very very disappointed customer 😣 I’ve had such an awful experience with this company.

JB
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

@JonnyBB123, staff are not on here at weekends but respond Monday to Friday. 

For them to identify your account, please add your Talktalk landline number / account number to your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information.  SAVE CHANGES. 

If there is no Direct Debit in place, it's possible for Talktalk to arrange to send you a cheque. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.