cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cable damaged by foxes

wirelessperson
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 1

Sorry, it is a bit long story to tell!

Overnight urban foxes chewed off our internet cable outside and we couldn't use our phone nor internet. Obviously I couldn't communicate through this Community without internet. We are dumbphone users so talking with a real person at talktalk was very difficult. Spending more than half hour on the phone, telephone staff organised the engineers visit for the next day and warned us there will be a charge for £75. We can't be choosy so we agreed. I was out today but my partner was at home and suddenly the engeneers appeared from nowhere and without knocking the door started fiddling with our internet cable cover outside. (I was told) Apparently the guys finished their work earlier in our area so they just came to our house (without texting or warning!) Also at the beginning they refused to change the position of the cable box but we know the foxes will return again and do the same. Originally we asked to place it higher so that foxes can't reach the wire easily at the very first appointment from fiber installation but they just dismissed at that time. After some argument the guys put the box where we wanted. (They just needed a short laddar to do it.)

At the end my partner asked how much he should pay them and he said there will be no charge.

Which one is correct? Or is there more hidden charge (vat?)? It was not our fault, nor Talktalk's but we warned them that installing the cable box in such low position would cause the same problem again and again.

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0