cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Can no longer login to FAST 5364 Wi-Fi Hub via IP address

AdamC3
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Hi,

I have had my FAST 5364 router for a number of years and it has generally performed fine. Over the last month or so it has however developed some issues, most recently preventing access to the Wi-Fi Hub via the IP address. The sequence of events has been:

1. No access to Wi-Fi Hub via IP address on my new mobile phone, it was however fine from all other devices. Rebooting the router made no difference. My wife updated the password which then allowed me to access via my new phone.

2. Shortly after 1. the router would reboot itself when wifi was switched on in the Wi-Fi Hub settings. We left wifi on as a workaround.

3. We were away on holiday for 1 week and since then we cannot connect to the Wi-Fi Hub from any device. We have tried the current and previous passwords from multiple devices (connected via ethernet and wifi) and browsers, also the router has been both rebooted and reset to no effect. The router otherwise appears to be working fine for devices connected via both ethernet and wifi but it is important to us to have the option of switching wifi on and off.

Please advise as solution as priority.

Regards,

Adam   

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi Adam,

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi Chris,

After discussing my contract (now extended) on chat I was transferred to the tech dept - a factory reset my end and clearing the wifi congestion at the engineer end has fixed the issue. 

Regards,

Adam

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi Adam,

I'm not really sure what else we can do to be honest. If you're having exactly the same issue with two different routers. Unfortunately we don't even have a different make/model of router to send to test with.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi Chris,

Apologies for the delayed response. I have now connected to the test socket via a micro-filter and no change - the router rebooted itself after switching wifi on. Turning wifi off was ok (as is normally the case when connected to the normal socket).

Fyi - my contract is up for renewal and I am debating taking up a new contract, resolution to this query could help swing the balance.  

Regards,

Adam 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

OK thanks Adam. Could you try connecting the router to the test socket with a micro-filter and check to see if this makes any difference - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

I don't understand why this is happening to be honest, but the easiest workaround would be to leave WiFi turned on. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi Chris,

We have 1 telephone socket that has has a home telephone plugged into it. That socket also has a pre-filtered socket that the router is directly plugged into.

Thanks,

Adam 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 19

Hi Adam,

How many telephone sockets do you have? Is your router currently connected to your test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi Chris,

We have multiple ethernet points around the house so only have the occasional need to use wifi. Regardless, the router should not behave as it is when wifi is switched on (no previous router has done this other then the previous one that I raised this thread for).

Please advise a resolution.

Thanks,

Adam   

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Thanks but is there a reason why you are switching wifi on and off?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi Chris,

The router reboots when wifi is being switched on, it is normally fine when switching wifi off.

Regards,

Adam 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 19

Hi Adam,

Just to confirm, are you switching wifi off and on?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi,

Unfortunately issue 2 from my original post is intermittently, but more often than than not, happening with the new router. If wifi is switched on in the Wi-Fi Hub settings via IP address (accessed on mobile or laptop (via both ethernet and wifi connections)) the router reboots itself. It then takes a minimum of 15 minutes, often longer, to re-establish the internet connection. It reconnects much quicker by switching the router off at the wall for a few minutes and switching back on.

The latter situation also occurs if the router is switched off using the on/off button on the rear of the device i.e. very slow to reboot, quicker to switch off at the wall.

Please advise how to resolve.

Regards,

Adam   

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

AdamC3
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 19

I can confirm the replacement router has resolved all issues. Many thanks for the fast action.

Regards,

Adam

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19
0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Thanks Karl.  I will report back after I receive and try it.

Regards,

Adam

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi

I'll swap out the router and see if this helps.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes