cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Can't connect to the work VPN - please update my router firmware.

blackhare
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Been working from home for 2 years and connecting to my work server via VPN.

Today it's no longer working.

Apparently, this is an issue they are aware of, firmware updates to the router seem to cause this problem.

Any advice?

Regards,

Martyna

Martyna
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

the router has been updated.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

hi @Michelle-TalkTalk ,

You can update the router Monday to Thursday between 6am and 3pm.

Thanks,

Martyna

Martyna
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Morning,

We can update the router firmware for you. When would be the best time to do this for you as this will take around 20 minutes and the router cannot be re-booted or switched off during this time?

Thanks

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi,
You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).