cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cannot access home network from internet

midders
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 33 of 33

Hi there

My router died recently and was replaced by a talktalk engineer with a Sagemcom Fast 5364.

- I have recreated the port-forwarding rules that I had on the old router, but cannot get anything through the router from the wider internet

- DMZ on the router doesn't work at all (invalid ip address) no matter what I try

- if I enable respond to ping in the firewall, I can ping the router successfully using my no-ip hostname

- the services I am trying to access are all working fine inside the home network

- I have tried disabling all firewalls on both server and router as well as VPN services

After spending over an hour on a support chat this morning with zero progress, I am out of ideas, other than a faulty router and talktalk won' replace it because the broadband connection is working.

Any ideas?

Slainte

midders

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

midders
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 33

Screenshot_2023-10-15-00-28-28-176_com.android.chrome.jpg

Here's a screenshot of my port forwarding rules; I normally disable uPnP but I left it on and you can see the rule it generated for my deluged server. These rules worked fine on the old router (with firewall set to high). I currently have the firewall set to low to rule it out as a problem.

Slàinte

midders

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 33

That has proved that it is not the router then. Not working in the DMZ is a big indication that something you are doing is wrong, or your testing is falling foul of NAT Loopback.

If you want help, as I asked originally, please can you send me a screenshot of the pf rule that you are using and I will help you until resolved.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

midders
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 33

I've received the new router, thank you. However, it is behaving in exactly the same way.

- DMZ just doesn't work (invalid ip address every time)

- this time I left uPnP turned on and my deluged server created its own port forwarding rule, which works fine for local access

- I can ping the router remotely using my no-ip dyndns hostname

- all attempts to remotely access the deluged server, or any others just time out

I think this must be a fault in the router firmware. I have bought a Draytek router and will post back when I've finished configuring it, as it is a bit more complex than the talktalk one.

I will return one of the talktalk routers shortly.

Slàinte

midders

0 Likes

Message 24 of 33
0 Likes

midders
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 25 of 33

Thabk you, I will keep you posted.

Message 26 of 33

Hi midders

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 33

Yes, please.

Message 28 of 33

Hi midders

Would you like me to send a replacement router?

0 Likes

midders
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 29 of 33

Thanks for the offer, Keith, but I've been a computer geek for over 40 years and I'm pretty confident the rules are good. 🙂

Just reset the router via the h/w button and now I can't even access the web interface. I can connect to the wireless network, but attempts to access 192.168.1.1 just time out...

0 Likes

Message 30 of 33
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 33

If you want to give me some screenshots of the PF rules that you have created, I will check them for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 32 of 33

Hi midders

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes