cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cannot connect to new router on specific PC

Bobby17
Team Player
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

I was recently sent a new router due to some problems with the speed randomly dropping on my old router.  I swapped my router over and everything appeared to work fine, my PC connected via ethernet and all of my wireless devices worked over Wifi with the added benefit of actually getting a faster connection than my old router.

However, when I switched over to using a different PC (using the same ethernet port and cables as the PC that did work), my PC appears to not even be detecting an ethernet cable is plugged in.

If I switch back to my old router, both PC's connect to the internet via ethernet no problem.

This would suggest that the ports of my computer, the cables and the router are all working fine so the problem is specific to the PC trying to connect to the new router specifically.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?  It is worth noting the second PC is a work PC but they were unable to determine any reason why it would not be connecting and suggested to ask TalkTalk why it's not forwarding anything from the router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to be able to switch over to the new router rather than having to keep going back to the old one.

Thank you.

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 22

If it is a Windows PC, check Device Manager for any issues.

Run the Networking Troubleshooter when plugged into the router that is not connecting.

0 Likes