cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Catalogue of Errors!!!

AndyJ68
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Long message warning!!!

my wife has been a TalkTalk customer for over 7 years. We moved house and contacted TalkTalk within plenty of time. As we also upgraded our broadband, my wife was told to set up a new order rather than a house move/takeover. We followed the advice of the sales advisor and our go live date was 4th July. We waited in for the engineer but they didn’t turn up, after investigating, TalkTalk said we didn’t need an engineer and to turn off the openreach box and on again on 40 mins later, yaaay, we had Wi-Fi!!! 

8am on the 7th July, my wife awoke to a text from TalkTalk  to say the Wi-Fi was cancelled. My wife contacted TalkTalk and was put through to representative after representative- she spent a total of 5.5 hours on the phone to 9 different people and was told that due to communication issues between open reach and TalkTalk, the Wi-Fi was cancelled and despite the customer service agent seeing if she could retrieve it, we were told to place a new order. Our daughter was due to start her very first remote working job and so she was so extremely stressed. I am a remote worker also and my wife has medical aids that are Wi-Fi enabled and the Wi-Fi was cancelled just like that. 

so, my wife had become so stressed, TalkTalk wanted an new email address even though they had her email address for our old property, another email address requested for the new property and because of the cancellation, I had to step in with my email address and I set up the new order in my name. This was on the 7th July and we got another new go live date of 21st July but that they would expedite it because of the errors made by TalkTalk - received all contractual emails through with go live date etc 

checked with TalkTalk on several occasions regarding when it would  be expedited and on the 9th July was told it would be on the 11th.
didn’t happen

contacted TalkTalk yet again, department after department and on one of this occasions I was told that the robotics didn’t pick up the order, so there was no order!!!

I was assured that this needed to be done manually and the representative would request it to be done immediately.

Checked in another day or so later and was told it’s all done, good to go on July 21st. Have screen shots of conversations in case the transcripts I requested didn’t come through.

my wife and I didn’t feel confident so I contacted them and asked for honesty, if I wasn’t going to get broadband on 21st, could I just be told

I was told by a representative “if I were you, I’d find another provider as you’ve had so many issues to deal with”

information given to me was that an engineer was visiting today 8-13.00 and my go live date today is happening.

Now to today!!!
Do any of you think I have Wi-Fi?

of course I don’t!!!!

turns out, there’s still no order for me!!!!

we have wasted so much time and energy on TalkTalk 

My daughter is so stressed as without secure Wi-Fi, she can’t work

I’m having to work from my parents house over 90 minutes each way from my home!

tried all the obvious mifis and paying for BT Wi-Fi hotspots to no avail 

the sad thing is, all the equipment here is working, no engineer visit is needed

the only honest person to date has been the advisors telling me to go with another provider 

ofcom are being contacted and the local media surprisingly are interested - maybe my situation isn’t an isolated one 

2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi AndyJ68,

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Can you please, as martswain has asked, update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

OFCOM do not take individual complaints.

Add your full details to your community profile, it must include your allocated phone number which only staff can see and wait for them to reply.

0 Likes