cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connect Hub network to wifi web network

jainzi
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

My routers IP is 192.168.1.1, I have a WiFi Web connected whose main IP address is 192.168.68.1

My laptop is connected by a LAN cable to the TalkTalk router, so has a 192.168.1.* IP address.

My Printer  connects to the WiFi Web so has a 192.168.68.* IP address.

How can I setup a static route to route all 192.168.1.* traffic to 192.168.68.* subnet?

My printer appears offline to my laptop, unless I disconnect it from the wired LAN and use the WiFi Web.

Thank in advance.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

Your setup is wrong, all devices should be connected to the mesh. The firewall within the mesh will block the PC to printer traffic, as the PC is on the public (WAN) side of the Mesh, you would probably need to set up some port forwarding within the Mesh. The correct solution therefore is to move the PC to an Ethernet port of the nearest Mesh node.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Thanks @KeithFrench 

Sorry yes typo I did meant WiFi Mesh!

My WiFi Mesh has been working perfectly, but just be sure I set it all up again.

I have three DECO units in total. The "Main" one is connected as you said by cable to the TalkTalk router LAN port. It has been given an IP address on the router of 192.168.1.16

There are 2 "extender" mesh units which connect back to the main unit wirelessly.

All systems that connect to the Mesh get an IP address 192.168.68.* with a sub-net of 255.255.255.0.

My Laptop is connected by ethernet cable directly to the Router plugged into another LAN port. It has been given an IP address of 192.168.1.183. 

The problem is that from my laptop I cannot reach any device on the Mesh network, unless I connect to the WiFi Mesh. So from my laptop (192.168.1.183) I cannot ping the printer (IP: 192.168.68.100). I assume this is because the mesh network is .68 while I am on a .1 network? 

Any ideas how I can set this up to be able to reach both networks without having to connect to the WiFi?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Perfect I'll try that now. Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

You should have said it was a mesh network, not a WiFi web (does that even exist or was it a typo), then I could have sorted this in my first post @jainzi.

With the Sagemcom hub connected to the broadband, all you have to do is connect an Ethernet LAN port from this hub to an Ethernet WAN port on the mesh. That is it, no static routes are needed at all. The Mesh's WAN port is assigned a 192.168.1.x address from the Sagemcom and because this is a WAN port on the mesh, the Deco does the routing between its local 192.168.68.x subnet to the Sagemcom's 192.168.1.x subnet.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hello Michelle,

I have a  SG4K100174 hub.

The WiFi Mesh I'm using is a DECO M5 by T-Link. One is plugged directly into the router with an IP address of 192.168.1.16. The mesh itself has an "internal" IP range 192.168.68.*.

All my other devices including my printer connect to this WiFi Mesh and have the .68 IP range. My laptop however is connected directly into the TalkTalk router so it has a .1 IP range. So it currently cannot see the printer or any other devices on the DECO mesh.

Can you help me to setup a static route from .1 to .68 assuming this will fix the issue?

Many thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Hi @jainzi 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you. I have not seen this WiFi Web before, please can you give me as much detail about it as possible & then I will hopefully be able to help you. How exactly does this WiFi Web connect to the TalkTalk router?

Which make/model of TalkTalk router do you have?

Keith

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Morning,

@KeithFrench - would you be able to offer some advice please?

Michelle