cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Constantly having to restart routers

hyacinth_bucket
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hello peeps, I am paying (through the nose) for TalkTalk 'super fast' broadband. They have also given us two routers to make a point about that. 

For the past week, we've had to restart the pair of routers 9 times a day as the broadband keeps cutting out. 

I had three online chats, and spent 1.5 hours yesterday to a call centre in Mars that said they will ask around to see if anyone might want to help me. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this resolved please? Any support from the community would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi hyacinth_bucket

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Debbie,

Yes, we received the new router. It has done the trick and the wifi no longer cuts out. 

Thank you so much for sorting this out. 😀

Message 3 of 13

Hi hyacinth_bucket

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi hyacinth_bucket

Ok the router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Debbie,

Please send me the router that you can send. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi hyacinth_bucket

We are unable to send a replacement Openreach modem, this would need to be replaced by a Openreach engineer.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Debbie,

You have given me two routers as I am paying for super fast broadband. One router is a black TalkTalk one and the other is a white Openreach one.

Do you have a new router that now replaces both routers and gives extra super duper fast broadband? If so, please send me that one. It would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi hyacinth_bucket

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi Michelle,

I still need assistance please as your tech team don't work at the weekend. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Did you manage to contact our tech team, or do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

hyacinth_bucket
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, wanderingfree.

I will give TalkTalk a call again but I am not holding much hope.  😔

0 Likes

Wanderingfree
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

It sounds like the person in the call centre was fobbing you off.  We had the same problem with our router - we were continually having to restart it and eventually it gave up completely.  

Our problem was only resolved when an engineer came out with a new router - and that was only after we'd spent a lot of time on the phone while they ran tests.  In your situation, I'd be calling them again and not getting off the phone without a positive solution, like an engineer's visit booked (although bear in mind there will be a charge if the fault is found to be in your home, so double-check your equipment first).

Good luck!