cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DNS Issues with TT Auth service

Tubist61
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

I'm having issues logging into my account. When I access the My Account link I get an error message telling me that my browser cannot contact auth.talktalk.co.uk. Running nslookup from a console session I get SERVFAIL back from the default Google DNS servers. If I dig a little further, I find that Cloudflare DNS will return the IP for the URL as will OpenDNS.

If i check back a little later then the A records for the URL reappear in the Google DNS and then drop out again.

I've worked round this by changing my default name server to point to Cloudflare in the first instance.

Do we have a BGP peering issue?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

I'm not aware of any peering issues affecting your part of the network. 

If this continues, provide a couple of traces to the url and I can relay these to our network teams and ask specifically if there are any issues showing their side.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes