cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Dns Issues

Bigbadbob
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

dns issues with a specific website.  Had been gaming in the morning, logged out cannot log back in< xbox cannot connect to the servers,  cannot use their website either.  keep getting Dns issues

Message on my Pc reads (Your computer is trying to use a Dns server that is incorrect or doesnt exist).

Their game site is up and running because people are live streaming the game on xbox, I can use the website on my phone using 4g only.  Talk Talk Dns issues have been happening all week on my xbox and pc with this specific site,

Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Bigbadbob

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that @KeithFrench has posted to offer some advice. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

It is either the PC or the router.

First clear the DNS cache on your PC by entering this command from the command prompt & press Enter:-

ipconfig /flushdns

The response should be:-

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

If you still cannot do the tracert for the same reason, turn your router off for at least 30 mins & try again. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Bigbadbob
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 9

Hi keith.

sorry about the super small image.

tracert results below.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.2846]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\******>tracert google.com

Tracing route to forcesafesearch.google.com [216.239.38.120]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 6 ms 4 ms 5 ms 79-71-64-1.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com [79.71.64.1]
3 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms host-78-144-0-106.as13285.net [78.144.0.106]
4 12 ms 13 ms 13 ms ae52-scr101.thw.as13285.net [78.144.1.8]
5 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms 72.14.218.90
6 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms 209.85.249.149
7 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms 142.251.54.27
8 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms any-in-2678.1e100.net [216.239.38.120]

Trace complete.

below is the failed attempt.

same result for it for wargaming.net as well.

New Trace

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.2846]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\******>tracert console.worldoftanks.com
Unable to resolve target system name console.worldoftanks.com.

Bigbadbob_0-1682780195761.jpeg

Above it the outcome of trying to connect to the problem website (seems to be a talk talk problem only).

I think ill give up with this, I can't see a resolution any time soon. just seems a little odd to me!

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

That image is way too small for me to be able to read.

To do a tracert from a Windows PC, go to the command prompt and issue this command, substituting the game server address with google.com I used for this example & press the Enter key:-

tracert google.com

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Bigbadbob
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Hi Keith. 

See attached. I was trying to connect to the pc version of the game.  For some reason it would appear that I'm being blocked from the Pc and xbox version of the game.  The game is up and running with no issues, people are streaming the game on two different platforms, yet I'm unable to connect to either.  Seems a little odd that I was playing this morning with no problems.  I don't know how to traceroute, sorry.  

Bigbadbob_0-1682777988725.jpeg

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

If you can play other games at this site, it does not sound like a TalkTalk issue. However, when it goes wrong can you try a tracert from the XBox to their server & see what happens?

Keith

0 Likes

Bigbadbob
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Keith.

Router Huawei hg633.

I'm not really sure what's gone wrong, its been doing it for a few days now.   I logged in ok at 5am this morning played for 3 hrs, logged out to get breakfast, cannot connect at all now.  world of tanks on xbox shows  E;LOA error.

The router seems to only block world of tanks xbox,  world of tanks console, wargaming.net, and stops me playing world of tanks Pc.

My xbox can play ALL other games online except world of tanks. 

I'm not really sure what I'm doing tbh.

Xbox plugged straight into the Huawei hg633 router.

xbox Ipv4 ip address 192.168.1.23

Gateway 192.168.1.1

Dns 192.168.1.1

Nat Type ; open

Regards

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

What DNS server address is your XBox using then, is it the router's IP address? If it is your router, what DNS server is that using? I can tell you where to find that out in your router, but first I need to know its make & model number, as they are all different.

Keith

0 Likes