cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

End of Contract

Biliskn3r
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi, my contracted ended on Sunday, my line is even disconnected by TalkTalk.

But I got a bill today for £31.69? Due in 5 days? And then the next bill due 19th October?

Can someone please cancel this without me going to my bank.

Regards,

Darell

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Biliskn3r,

We bill in advance for our services, therefore your recent bill will be from September to October. You will receive a final bill around 10 days from the disconnection date, which will show a credit for any package and Boost charges after the disconnection date.

There is further information explaining your final bill here Your final bill

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Whatever you do, leave those Direct Debit details in place.

Staff will sort this out for you when they reach your thread, during the working day, Monday to Friday. 

The details of how you left Talktalk are important for people trying to follow this thread as different charges would apply in different situations. 

It's best now not to post further till you get a reply from TT staff, so as to keep your thread moving forward in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Thanks, my new provider already contacted TT. And TT already sent me a "final/goodbye" letter on 18th August.

So they've had plenty of time to sort this out.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@Biliskn3r, when the contract ends, the bills keep rolling in on a monthly basis.

You should have had an email to that effect and offering you the opportunity to renew.

If you cancel when out of contract, Talktalk needs 30 days' notice, or until another Openreach serviced provider takes over the line.

You are always billed for the coming month, so if you cancel, it takes till the next month's bill to reflect any refunds etc, pro rata, and another month to get to a bill for £0.00. Refunds can be claimed back via My Account, so you should keep your Direct Debit details in place. 

If you have already removed your Direct Debit details, you will need to find another way of claiming back / paying the final bill.

If you fail to pay, you get disconnected. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes