cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Fiber 65 plan

Caber33
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Like many homes now I find the increasing amount of devices I require is struggling on the current plan (Fiber 65) which is the maximum speed I can get due to no fiber to the property. 

My question is

If I was to purchase  an Amazon eero6 router would it help WIFI connections to around 30 devices ???

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

Is it all OK then?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi, just ran a speed test :-

Great! You're getting the download speed of 43 Mbps, as expected

Around 15 to 20 devices normal use

3 devices listed with connection issues

John.

0 Likes

Caber33
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith, thank you for the response, the router is a Sagemcom 50001

John.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi

What speed do you usually get wired ?

Do you notice Wi-Fi dead spots or slower areas in certain parts of the home ?

How many devices do you usually have connected on average at any one time ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

If you think that you have WiFi issues just throwing money at it, is unlikely to solve the issue. Are all the devices being used at the same time? What is the actual download speed you are getting at the router? If this is a WiFi Hub of one sort or another, log into it and see the speeds quoted in the initial dashboard area.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes