cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Fibre availabilty checker incorrect

shamwana
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

My current contract is about to end and I want to switch to Fibre.
I tried to do this 2 years ago and the TT availability checker said it was OK, but when they tried to activate it there was a problem and I was then told it was not actually available.

Now the availability checker says it is not available, but If I put in my next door neighbours address it says it IS available (we are both connected to the same pole in the lane).

BT's checker also says Fibre is available at my address BUT they say my number cannot be ported.

Some other posts I have read suggest that this indicates a problem with the address database and that I need to get TT to request an ORDI with Openreach to get the data checked.

Is this the correct channel to ask for this ?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi shamwana

The ORDI was placed and as suspected the address is correct, Sadly if the availability checker and our sales team show that Fibre is not available yet through us, there isn't anything that we can do. 

Im sorry. 

0 Likes

shamwana
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi, I wasn't sure what you meant by "a gold key address", and what the implications of "getting rejected straight away" are, so I have just waited for the 10 days to go past.
Sadly nothing seems to have changed, TT availability checker still says I cannot get fibre at my address.
Who should I be contacting to find out what is wrong with my installation that means I cannot get fibre ? I've been with TalkTalk for more than 10 years!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Thank you 

I have put the ORDI request in.  Your address is already a gold key address so there is a chance it will get rejected staright away. 

Usually takes 10 days.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Full address, UPRN, exchange name and Cabinet number all added to private notes section.
Information obtained from https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi shamwana

Can you add your full address to the private notes section of your community profile and I can make the request.

Thank you 

0 Likes