cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Firmware Update SG4K10001400t

jason-burke1980
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

Can I request that the firmware on my TalkTalk Router is updated to the latest version it is currently running versions below which I think is from 2017

Hardware VersionSoftware VersionGUI Version

FAST5364 3.00
SG4K10001400t

I have been using my own router since moving to talktalk but want to use the standard kit and would like the latest firmware

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

I've ordered the router now Jason and they generally arrive within a couple of working days but most seem to arrive next day so you will probably receive it tomorrow. Unfortunately I can't guarantee that it will have the latest firmware, they usually need updating but this usually happens automatically within the first 24-48 hours after it's connected

Chris

0 Likes

jason-burke1980
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 15

Thanks Chris 

do you know how long it will take? Also will it come pre-loaded with latest fw so I don’t have to through this process again?

I will see if I can resurrect an old cable modem to get me running until the new one arrives 

thanks

jason

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

I'm sorry about this but if the router still isn't working then it looks as though it's bricked and will need to be replaced, I'll order a replacement now, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

jason-burke1980
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 15

Tried a reset on the router 2 times the light just constantly flashes red and doesn’t go out or reboot also tried holding reset while powering on the router same result the router light just flashes red constantly and no access to internal network even with a static ip in the network range 192.168.1.x looks like it’s broken

what is the next steps as I am without internet when working from home

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Could you try resetting you router to factory default settings and then retest - (1) Restore your router to factory settings - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

jason-burke1980
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 15

Rebooted a couple of times just get a red flashing light on the front and no dhcp for internal network tried direct with Ethernet and the WiFi ssid for the router isn’t seen at all I can’t post the video of the router as the site won’t allow .mov files and can’t zip on iphone

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Yes, could you try a reboot, the firmware update should have completed by now

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi chris

the router light is flashing red and has been doing so for 20 minutes should I attempt a reboot. Also I have no internal IP address on dhcp from any device

thanks

jason

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

The upgrade should complete in a few minutes 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

OK, no problem, I'll start the upgrade now, it can take up to 20 minutes, please don't switch off your router

Message 11 of 15

Hi 

Unfortunately I didnt get a notification of your message - can this be performed 05/07/22 any time in the morning

Thanks

Jason

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Jason,

I can update your firmware, would you like me to do it now, it can take up to 20 minutes to complete?

Chris

jason-burke1980
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Thanks for the info - I have added details to my profile and will see if it has updated in a few days

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi @jason-burke1980,

If you have only just connected this router up then you will probably find that it will upgrade itself automatically overnight within a few nights. However the support team here on the community can also push a firmware upgrade out manually if required.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

They won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

0 Likes