cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Firmware upgrade request for DG8041W

Seand76
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Would I be able to get someone to push an update of firmware to my router as it has the kernel panic reset fault on the router.

It is on 1.05 at moment and after research on these forums then it looks like this has solved it.

My line is fine and get good speeds but a couple of times a day I get a router reset due to kernel panic error.

Cheers Mr dinsdale 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Cheers,hopefully that sorts it.sean

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Seand76

I've pushed the firmware for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Seand76,

Yes, you are correct that firmware 1.06t has the specific fix in it that resolves the Kernel Panic issue on the DG8041W, staff here should be able to respond with a few working days and will hopefully be able to push that new firmware to your router.