cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Having problem with VPN

tatalkUser2022
Team Player
Message 24 of 24

Hello,

My VPN connection to work has stopped working and I am getting an error message which says “The VPN connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be completed, ... If the problem persists, contact your network administrator or Internet Service Provider.”

The VPN software that I am using is the built in Windows 10 and it has stopped working since Wednesday 19 January. I have noticed that a number of users seem to be having a similar problem from the mid-January.

The router which I have is TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub with firmware version SG4K100130 with no problem for more than a year. The problem is the router which I think an update/firmware was done on Tuesday 18th January. I am able to connect to work computer using my mobile hotspot.

I have had chat with talktalk a few times but got nowhere. They couldn't assess where the problem is. I am still not able to connect to the office computer using this router. Please could you help me to find a solution.

Many thanks

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

tatalkUser2022
Team Player
Message 21 of 24

I have to switch off my computer but I'll come back later on

0 Likes

tatalkUser2022
Team Player
Message 22 of 24

Hello Divsec and thanks. I think Debbie is offline. I have read some of the issues that Debbie has fixed them

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 24

hi @tatalkUser2022 this is an easy one to fix. @Debbie-TalkTalk knows how! I'm sure as soon as due pucks this up your problem will be over

The issue is caused by a Microsoft update to Windows 10.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.