cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Having to restart router

Andy31
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi.

I often find that our download speed has dropped from our usual 60 Msps to 5 Msps or lower. Restarting the router (turning of and back on) cures it. It affects all our connected devices, even the main PC which is on a wired connection.

Looking at the router's log, I see many warnings like : Intrusion -> src=89.248.165.65 DST=78.144.220.150 LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=249 ID=15267 PROTO=TCP SPT=49347 DPT=3393 WINDO

and 'port scan attack'.  Any idea what is going on? I have attached a copy of the syslog.

Thanks

Andy.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Andy

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10
0 Likes

Andy31
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

Old 633 router and PSU now on its way back to you. Thanks for your efforts.

Andy

Message 4 of 10

Hi Andy,

Glad to hear the new router has resolved the problem

Yes, could you send the old router back. Would you like me to send a returns bag (you don't need to put the router in the box)?

Chris

Andy31
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

Debbie, the new router arrived on Saturday and it cured the problem(s). Connection speed is now a solid 68 Msps and there has been no need for any restarts. Wifi coverage is also much better. So many thanks for your prompt action.

What happens now, do you want the old HG633 back? If so, the plug-in power supply won't fit in the box, and it doesn't dissemble like the new one.

Andy

Message 6 of 10

Hi Andy

Thanks for the Private Message 🙂

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 7 of 10

Hi Andy

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Sorry Debbie, I'm having trouble replying for some reason. Yes, please, a new router would be a good idea. Thanks.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi Andy

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection compares?