Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homesafe Spam filter

viclees
Chatterbox
Message 26 of 26

All of a sudden I am getting blocked from the bit.ly website and get a page telling me it has been blocked by the spam filter in HomeSafe (everything was fine yesterday).  On logging in to my account and going to the HomeSafe settings everything is turned off.  I tried to toggle them on then off again but it seems I can't do this as when I try to turn anything into the on position the page refreshes with it back to off.  I did get an email saying that I had turned the virus alert on (but on checking it is still off).  I have noticed that this has happened to others in the past and wonder if it can be fixed as the bit.ly website is used for gifts within a game I am paying and it is annoying to have to use mobile data in order to access a link

25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

I'm afraid there's been no update on the ticket yet. I'll chase it for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

viclees
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 26

Still no change so I assume it is not fixed.  Homesafe settings say everything is off, but I can't toggle them on and off to check, whilst safesearch is locked on by the network (a feature of Spam Protection being turned on).  Any update on when this will be fixed?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 26

I'm sorry viclees, I've had to raise a new ticket for you the other had closed. I've escalated it over to the network team.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 26

I'll re-escalate this for you, @viclees.

Staff will be back on Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

viclees
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 26

Hi Ady-TalkTalk, has there been any update on the ticket you raised as it still looks the same from my end?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Thanks for confirming the security infomation.  You're HomeSafe settings are very broken so I've raised a fault ticket for you. Once it's fixed you can add bitly to be allowed and alleviate this problem although I'd bet that part is fixed when the broken toggling issue is fixed. 

Ady

0 Likes

viclees
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 26

I wouldn't say it is fixed yet.  A couple of days ago I could suddenly access bit.ly for a few hours and then it disappeared again.  Safe Search in google is also still locked on.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

Looks like someone's done something because I can access bit.ly again now (I've been checking every morning and evening since it started happening). So whoever did it, thank you and apologies for my rather angry post this morning.

0 Likes

SimonB2020
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 26

Ah OK thanks. I wasn't aware of the one thread per customer rule.

viclees
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 26

Also, @SimonB2020, I haven't got a solution yet.  As and when it is fixed I will post what I have been told was done.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 26

Please start your own thread, @SimonB2020, as staff only reply to the original poster, to avoid confusion between accounts and in the responses.

Go back to the message board and click on start a topic. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

Hello????? I am also a paying customer of talktalk who has reported the same problem with bit.ly links being blocked. What's the secret? Please post the solution to this issue here, or I will need to consider taking my business to an ISP who will actually provide a full internet service.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Hi viclees, I've sent you a personal message. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

That's weird. You should just be able to tick or untick the box, as I did.  Your situation is baffling, and must be infuriating! Scam Protection.jpg

0 Likes

viclees
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 26

Davist, I tried that at the beginning.  In my case they are all off and won't let me toggle them on and off again.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Have you tried turning off Scam Protection through your "My Account" page?  That's what I did , and now I can access bit.ly links without any problems.  I have turned on Virus Alerts though.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

I had a similar experience using bit.ly links for a site which I know to be safe, and all the links were being flagged as insecure (even typing the phrase "bit.ly" then pressing "enter" produced a security flag!) So now I have turned off Scam Protection via the "My Account" page but turned on Virus Alerts, and the bit.ly links now work as they should.

0 Likes

viclees
Chatterbox
Message 18 of 26

Ady.  I left the modem off overnight and it is still exactly the same this morning.  The Spam Protection seems to be on for my account even though when I look in the HomeSafe settings everything is off.  I also cannot toggle any of the settings on and off again as when I try to turn them on, after the screen refreshes they are still marked off.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 26

Hi viclees, have you tried turning off the router overnight to reset your IP address? If not give that a go and let me know how your getting on. 

Ady

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 20 of 26

Please wait for staff to respond on here before posting further. 

The workflow queue is automated and our new comments push the thread back. 

0 Likes