cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Ipad dropping wifi connection.

GoneWrong
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Hi, I’ve just recently started to lose connection on my iPad, not while using the device but often after a state of sleep…closing the cover or short press on the power button. When it wakes, I see the WiFi icon on the top right corner but there is no connection and I have to switch the WiFi off and on again on the iPad. All other devices and phones (none are apple) have this problem. I don’t know if it’s the ipad or the wifi that’s the problem. The only recent change has been the addition of two new Samsung phones which seems to coincide with the ipad problem. Maybe @KeithFrench can help? Many thanks to all, Ron.

Ron.
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

That's great, thanks for letting me know

Have a great weekend 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Chris, no drops on the iPad or laptop today. Also, @KeithFrench is helping too. Fingers crossed! Thanks.

Ron.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi GoneWrong.

How are you getting on, has there been any improvement?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Many thanks for your trouble trying to help, much appreciated Keith.

Ron.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

Hi @GoneWrong 

I will push ahead with trying to identify the root cause of your issues, even if WiFi optimisation may stop me from providing a listing fix.

I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots to me in a PM (to protect your privacy), which I have requested in my guide. No photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed in, from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this puts the text out of focus. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi @KeithFrench 

No but the team want to check all the wireless data to see what's causing the issue.

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Is there a problem with your systems today then?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi GoneWrong,

We can't disable wifi optimisation at the moment but I'll pass this over to our Product team and ask them to take a look

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

GoneWrong
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

Thanks Keith, I haven’t previously requested so would TalkTalk please disable WiFi optimisation on my router. Thanks.

Ron.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

Working with the laptop will make life a lot easier as Windows is very forthcoming with diagnostics.

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that I might suggest that you need to make. This will not help rectify this type of problem if Wi-Fi Optimisation is allowed to change my suggested settings. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

Keith

0 Likes

GoneWrong
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

Also, just noticed that the laptop is now also dropping WiFi connection.

Ron.
0 Likes

GoneWrong
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Hi, the only thing I see for the router is FAST 5364, hope that’s the right and what you need. Thank you.

Ron.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Thanks for creating a thread @GoneWrong which make/model of TalkTalk router do you have?

Keith

0 Likes