cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Ipad dropping wifi connection.

GoneWrong
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Hi, I’ve just recently started to lose connection on my iPad, not while using the device but often after a state of sleep…closing the cover or short press on the power button. When it wakes, I see the WiFi icon on the top right corner but there is no connection and I have to switch the WiFi off and on again on the iPad. All other devices and phones (none are apple) have this problem. I don’t know if it’s the ipad or the wifi that’s the problem. The only recent change has been the addition of two new Samsung phones which seems to coincide with the ipad problem. Maybe @KeithFrench can help? Many thanks to all, Ron.

Ron.
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

So sorry Keith, I was sure the new screenshots had gone to you last weekend. I’ll try again.

Ron.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 26

Hi @GoneWrong 

I am still waiting for you to PM me the screenshots, then I will be very happy to help you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Hi, thanks Debbie. I think Keith French is trying to help, I sent him the screenshots he requires so just waiting to hear if he can help.

Ron.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 26

I did tell you how to do this @GoneWrong. Maximise the windows before taking the screenshots & when you PM them to me, use the "Insert Photos" facility, but make sure that the "Size" parameter is set to "Large".

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Oh, I’m so sorry Keith, I’ll send better images, if I can find how, later today. Many thanks.

Ron.

Message 8 of 26

@GoneWrong 

Keith is really good at diagnosing wireless issues. If you could send the requested information to Keith again he can take a look at this for you.

Thank you 🙂

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 26

Hi @GoneWrong 

I got a set of screenshots from NetSpot, but they were far too small to read & if I zoomed in, the text became unreadable due to it being out of focus. I requested that you re-do them for me back on the 5th of April, but I don't think that you have sent them. Please can you do this and PM them to me?

Keith

Message 10 of 26

Hi GoneWrong

Thanks for the additional information.

@KeithFrench Could you help please?

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi, thanks for asking but I’m still having the same problem where I open my ipad and it shows a wifi connection in the top right corner but it does not load new emails or web pages. I have to go into settings then switch off wifi then switch it back on again, it’s then ok until I let it sleep or close the screen down. I have noticed that this has started to happen after my wife and I got new Android phones. Maybe those phones hogging the wifi at the router? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Ron.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

@GoneWrong  How has your connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

That's great, thanks for letting me know

Have a great weekend 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

Hi Chris, no drops on the iPad or laptop today. Also, @KeithFrench is helping too. Fingers crossed! Thanks.

Ron.
0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Hi GoneWrong.

How are you getting on, has there been any improvement?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Many thanks for your trouble trying to help, much appreciated Keith.

Ron.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 26

Hi @GoneWrong 

I will push ahead with trying to identify the root cause of your issues, even if WiFi optimisation may stop me from providing a listing fix.

I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots to me in a PM (to protect your privacy), which I have requested in my guide. No photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed in, from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this puts the text out of focus. 

Keith

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Hi @KeithFrench 

No but the team want to check all the wireless data to see what's causing the issue.

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 26

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Is there a problem with your systems today then?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

Hi GoneWrong,

We can't disable wifi optimisation at the moment but I'll pass this over to our Product team and ask them to take a look

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes