cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Landline with Eero router

JonDavid
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I’ve received an Eero router to upgrade my home WiFi network, but there’s no info about my landline, which is currently set up through broadband via my router. I need an extra piece of kit, I believe, a VOIP adapter. Is that correct?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi

The youview box is not wifi, so needs a direct ethernet connection to the router or via powerline adapters.

You could speak to the customer loyalty teams to see if you are eligible, if it is available to your package, for the new TV Hub.

Other alternatives are to use a mini wifi router as an access point connected to the youview box ethernet port.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

JonDavid
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for that, I’ve arranged for the landline adapter you mentioned to be sent to me. 

However, looking at other posts on the Community, I see that my YouView box won’t connect via WiFi. Is that correct? If so, I have been wrongly advised by a TalkTalk technician, who told me that I should change to the Eero router to avoid using power line adapters (mine are currently not working). Please confirm whether powerline adapters are the only way of connecting my YouView box to my router. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Correct. If you've had confirmation that your upgrade includes a digital voice service. You'll receive a Grandstream Digital Voice Adapter. Some customers are keeping a voice service via the existing telephone line and Master socket. Depends therefore on what's been confirmed to you.

The eero Support Hub is your go-to resource for information, guides and Community support.

Select here:
eero Support Hub

eero 6 and eero Pro 6 Help

eero - Setting up your eero

eero app

eero - Setting up the Digital Voice Adapter

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes