cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

How to order a new router

nickpashley
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

I think my #router is broken. I came back from a weekend away and not all my devices will connect. Amazon Echo Dot will not connect. My HP printer will not connect. My Ring doorbell will not connect. I have rebooted the router and rebooted each device but they still will not connect. iPhone and iPad will connect but some apps will not work and access is very slow

I have checked the line using online tests and everything appears ok.

How can I order a new router?

Many thanks

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi Nick

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

nickpashley
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 19

Hi, installed and working great. Many thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 19

Hi Nick

I'm glad to hear that the router has arrived.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie 🙂

nickpashley
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 19

Hi, router arrived yesterday, many thanks. Was late home from work so didn’t manage to get onto it. Hopefully tonight. 👍🏽 

Message 5 of 19

Hi Nick

How are you getting on, have you received the router?

Message 6 of 19

Hi Nick

No problem and apologies again for the issue with the previous router sent.

Debbie

nickpashley
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 19

Thanks Debbie…

Message 8 of 19

Hi Nick

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have re ordered the router and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Message 9 of 19

Hi Nick

Please can you send me a PM with the address details and I will place the order again.

Thanks

0 Likes

nickpashley
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 19

Hi Debbie, that would be great. Can you confirm by PM the address to where you are sending it. My details are correct in my profile.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi Nick

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I can place the router order again, will this be ok?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 12 of 19

Hi @nickpashley,

The Support Team on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the Support Team here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you still need them.

0 Likes

nickpashley
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 19

Hi Debbie, many thanks for sending a router. Sadly we have been let down by Yodel (the courier). The tracking says the router has been delivered however it hasn’t. The Yodel customer service is non-existent; yesterday the phone number was in operative and the ‘chat’ function was met by ‘no operatives available’.

I have spoken to my neighbours and they have not had it delivered to them.

I am not sure where we go from here…

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Nick

You're welcome, have a good day 🙂

Debbie

Message 15 of 19

Many thanks Debbie 

Message 16 of 19

Hi Nick

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

nickpashley
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 19

Many thanks. I’ve just tried a factory reset (twice). It rebooted but no change, if anything it’s actually now worse, i.e. my iPhone will connect but I can’t access this page for example through the wireless.  I think my profile is complete so hopefully the talk talk people can find me on their systems.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi @nickpashley,

The support team here on the community will be able to help. They may be able to run some checks, and if they did think the router was faulty they would be able to arrange a replacement for you.

Have you tried a factory reset of the router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds ?.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.