cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Information on broadband changes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I have received a letter saying my Broadband is being improved and I need to use a new router.

I do not want to use the Huawei router provided because of the obvious security and privacy risks.

I have four questions:

What changes are being made to my Broadband?

Are the changes mandatory?

When will these changes be made?

If the change is mandatory what specification of router do I need?

I have tried using live chat to get a response to these questions but there was no response from the advisor I was connected to.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

@Anonymous 

Please take off your tinfoil hat, Huawei routers are very reliable and with TT's own firmware, secure.

There are absolutely NO "obvious security and privacy risks" with the latest routers.

TT are moving customers from ADSL to Fibre 35 in anticipation of the withdrawal of copper phone lines, we'll all have to do that eventually.

You will be advised of the date when the change takes place.

If you are being moved to Fibre 35 you will need a VDSL compatible combined modem/router.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

They are upgrading customers where possible,  without charging you extra, @Anonymous.

Some of us are on services which one day will have to leap from Fast Broadband to FTTP.

You are likely to be in the situation where they are giving you the interim solution of Fibre to the Cabinet, while retaining the copper wire from the cabinet to your house.

It should give you much improved speeds.

Add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to look into your specific situation. 

It may be that they will be able to arrange for a swap of the router - but sometimes one router happens to work better for a line than another.

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard to complete your details. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes