cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Intermittent Broadband

WELLA182
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Hi, I’m having issues with my broadband dropping out and slow connection during the evenings. The connection is fine during the day. I’ve contacted the online chat and spoke with support but no fixes have worked. Could someone check my line please? Thanks Adam.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Adam

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

WELLA182
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

Morning Debbie, new router was delivered Wednesday and has fixed the slow evening speeds, the new router looks newer than the one I had. Thanks for the help! Adam.  

Message 3 of 17
0 Likes

WELLA182
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 17

Hi Debbie, should be delivered today, I'll let you know if it works, thanks. 

Message 5 of 17

Hi WELLA182

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi WELLA182

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

WELLA182
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 17

Morning Debbie, yes please, that would be great, thanks.

Message 8 of 17

Hi WELLA182

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are clear - No faults detected.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

WELLA182
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 17

Yeah, no problem. Previous comment was an update of the issue for the talktalk person. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 17

I did say that the TalkTalk staff on here won't be back until tomorrow.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

WELLA182
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 17

Thanks Keith, it’s been terrible tonight, Wi-Fi and hardwire. I’ve done a connection test which highlights a possible fault, so I do the 5 minute test, then it says the fault is fixed. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 17

OK, thanks for that, it sounds like the router might be faulty. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and see if they agree with me.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

WELLA182
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 17

Ethernet and Wi-Fi devices are affected. I’ve started periodically testing the Wi-Fi on my phone and hardwired speed to the fire stick sat on the couch in the same room as the router throughout the evening. Through the day I WFH with a hardwired connection with no speed issues. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 17

Thanks for that, it looks as if the problem is not the broadband itself, but between the router & one or more of your devices. Is this just affecting wireless devices or Ethernet connected ones as well?

Keith

0 Likes

WELLA182
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

Hi Keith, my router is a Huawei-DG8041W. The light remains solid white during the slow and disconnected periods, which are between ~6 PM to 9 PM. We don’t have a phone to plug into the socket. I’ve tried resetting the router on the back of the unit and had the power disconnected Thursday evening after TalkTalk support said they’d changed a setting from their end on my connection. Thanks, Adam.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Which make/model of router do you have & what is the exact status of the light(s) on it when this happens? If you plug a phone into the line, do you hear any noises (you can just press any single number to get rid of the dial tone)?

Keith

0 Likes