cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Intermittent connection falures. TT say they need to send engineer but obviously router failure.

ianerc
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

So. last three days I've had intermittent losses of broadband connection - worsening each day. Went through the tedious and irrelevant chat screening and they are saying it requires sending out an engineer (which is problematic for me due to disability and health issues).
However, the hardware setup hasn't changed and the phone line is fine. It's exactly the same issues I've had previously and they were down to the router failing and fixed with a new router. But this time they are insisting on charging me £500 and because of my health issues I can't see an engineer for two weeks.
How do I get them to just send out a new router to try first?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi ianerc,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @ianerc,

I'm hoping that is a typo and you mean they were going to charge you £50 rather than £500 ?. The staff here on the community will be able to pick this up tomorrow and take a look, they may be able to run some additional tests on your connection and your router to see what the next best thing to try would be.

What model of router are you currently using ?

0 Likes