cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet down

AdamW01
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi

On Thursday there was an openreach engineer doing something on our road and ever since then our Internet has been either constantly going down or off completely.

I have also noticed a crackle on the phoneline now as well.

Whatever they did has interrupted our service so any advice would be of great help.

Thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Adam

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Debbie

The engineer visited the property and found a fault on one of the telegraph poles down the road, one of the connections was corroded so he replaced them.

Our connection seems to be stable now and there is no noise on the phoneline now.

Thanks for your help. 

Message 3 of 14

Hi Adam

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the Openreach engineer visit for 10/02 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Adam

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Debbie

Yes it is all connected to the test socket right now and I've been told the noise is still on the line. 

If you could have an engineer investigate that first it would be great. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi Adam

Is the noise still present on the line?

The line test is now detecting a fault towards the property. Are the phone, router and filter at the test socket at the moment?

Would you like me to arrange the engineer to investigate the noise on the line first?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Debbie

I've just been told the Internet has now gone off again so would it be possible to book and engineer visit as I think that is the only solution now?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Adam

Thanks for your reply.

If the noise is still present then we can book an engineer visit.

If possible it would be worth testing your phone on a different line (friend/family) this would rule out the handset being faulty.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Debbie

I plugged the phone without the router into the test socket and it still had a slight crackle.

We only have the one phone as its not something we keep a spare of.

I'll see how it goes over the day and get back to you to see if it improves or not. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi Adam

Thanks for your reply.

Noise on the line can affect the BB connection.

Did you test with a different phone? When you connected the phone to the test socket did you remove the router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi Debbie

It was turned off for most of the weekend as it was not working, I have turned it back on and it has connected to the Internet at the moment but there is still a slight crackle on the phone line. 

I've plugged it into the test socket and have tried a new filter, the crackle is still there when I connect just the phoneline without the router connected as well.

I will get someone to keep checking the connection while I am at work and get back to you if it keeps dropping frequently during the day.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi Adam

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test hasn't detected any faults. Is the router switched on at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi @AdamW01,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router and phone in there (via a microfilter). If you connect just the phone to the test socket and can still hear the crackle then that is a pretty good indication the issue is a fault on the external phone line.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.