cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet keeps disconnecting

Ryan321
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

I had internet issues in July where my internet kept randomly disconnecting and experiencing lag spikes, however TalkTalk insisted there was nothing wrong. I eventually complained so much and they sent an OpenReach engineer who immediately noticed an issue with the line and resolved the problem.

I have now been experiencing similar issues since Wednesday and getting frustrated that nobody from the TalkTalk live chat team is helping. They keep telling me they have "optimised it" and are "monitoring the situation" to try and make me close the live chat window. I'm at the point where I am thinking of cancelling the contract early, as it is affecting my work Teams meetings.

I followed all of the usual steps including hard resetting the router and it is affecting both wired and wireless internet.

Is there any way I can get TalkTalk to send an engineer or to seriously look in to the situation beyond keep complaining via live chat about the situation?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Staff won't be back on here before Monday, @Ryan321.

Just phone / Chat support teams over the weekend. Have you checked your line via Service Centre? I think you can get an engineer organised through that.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes